Friday, November 22, 2013

Fall Door Decor

 

I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is next week!  I feel like Halloween hit and we fast forwarded to Thanksgiving.  I didn’t get nearly half of the fall decorating done that I was thinking of and it will soon be time to put up Christmas décor.  One of my neighbors has already had his Christmas lights up for over a week and has been turning them on.  They are a little “Griswoldy”, but I guess the world could always use more cheer.  I’m hoping this year my husband will go all out with our lights, but we’ll see.  I don’t envy him getting up on the roof. 

One of the projects I did get to was this fall crate.  It was one of the projects for craft night, but we didn’t have enough time for it.  So I worked on it myself.

Crate-web1

I wished we would have had time to work on these because I love how it turned out.  I bought the crates at Michael’s and stained it with the stain I had leftover from my side table

I used word processor and the font Blue Plate Special to create the wording.  I traced it onto the crate using graphite paper.   After painting the lettering, I used my sander to distress it a little.

Crate-web2

I bundled up the corn stalks from my garden box and added a few things I found in my fall decorations.  I was certainly feeling ready for some hayrides and all things fall. 

This is one of my most favorite times of the year and I’m not quite ready to see it go.  The trees have lost almost all of their beautiful leaves and snow has already hit our valley.  This time of year will be one of the many blessings I will express thankfulness for this Thanksgiving.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!