Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanksgiving Countdown Calendar

I want to foster in my children thankful, giving hearts.  I decided that I wanted them to spend more time during the holiday seasons focusing on all that we have to be thankful for.  I made this Thanksgiving Countdown calendar as a way of focusing on a few of the many things the Lord has blessed us with.  I came up with a small activity for each day to help my children recognize these blessings.

IMG_0773

The board was purchased at Michaels and the elements were created using my Silhouette.  If you don’t have a Silhouette, you could easily create this with mini envelopes, scrapbooking paper and stickers. 

IMG_0779

I used Microsoft word to create the activity cards and distressed the edges. I added the ribbon to make sure the cards were easy to pull out for little hands.  My son is very excited about the calendar this year and asks to do it each morning. This morning’s activity was a little less exciting for him as it was “We are Thankful for our Toys.”  For this activity, I ask each child to go through their toys and find some that they are no longer playing with.  We will then donate them.  We spent time this morning discussing how blessed we are that Mommy and Daddy have the ability to buy them toys and how we need to share those blessing with other less fortunate children.

Stop by tomorrow for a list of some of the activities I chose for our Thanksgiving Countdown.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!