Friday, October 11, 2013

Easy and Inexpensive Halloween Decor

I love the fall, when the leaves start to change and there is that fresh, crisp breeze in the air. Halloween is another thing I love about the fall.  I love to decorate and to be a kid again.  I am slowly building up on my Halloween décor and I am always looking for inexpensive crafts to add.  In September, I was walking around my local Michaels, when I spotted these little bottles.  I believe they were around $1.19 each.  I thought they were fun and immediately thought of potion bottles for Halloween. 

 IMG_0633

I have seen plenty of free printable Halloween potion labels on Pinterest this season. I wanted to keep it simple and get it done sooner rather than later, so I found these little labels in the Halloween scrapbook section.

IMG_0635

I believe they were around $3.99.  I took them home and decided which label would look best on each bottle and then I distressed them up a bit.  They were a little to crisp and clean for the look I was going for.  They are made of cardstock, so I just bent them to give them a more aged and wrinkled look.  I took some distressing ink to them as well.  I used Modge Podge to attach them to the glass bottles.  The finishing touch was some food colored water. 

 

IMG_0640

Its hard to see the food coloring in this picture.  I think they are super cute and worked perfectly in my Halloween display. 

IMG_0639

The wine bottles were projects from last year, using Print and Cut labels by Silhouette.  I’ll post more of my Halloween display later.

I hope you find this a quick and easy project you can complete today!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!