Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Halloween Cemetery Sign

To go along with all of my skulls this Halloween season, I wanted a sign for the front porch.  I found some cheap cemetery signs around town, but wanted something that would last longer than one season.  I grabbed a wooden plaque at Michaels and my handy Silhouette.

IMG_0664

I didn’t have any grey paint so I mixed up my own.  I wanted it to look more like stone and have an older feel to it, so I wasn’t careful with painting.  I put a couple layers on it and messed it up a bit so it wouldn’t have such a smooth look.  After the layers of grey were dried, I streaked it with black paint.  The wording is cut out of black vinyl and I believe the font is Black Widow.  I felt that it needed more, so I hot glued some Spanish moss and spider webs to it.

IMG_0667

Right now, it is just sitting on a stand outside.  I’m trying to figure out how I want to display it best.  I’m afraid if I hang it on the door, the wind will blow most of the moss and spider web off.

IMG_0666

These are some light up shrieking skulls that my kids just love!  My husband found them on clearance after Halloween last year.  They are sound activated and I can always tell when its windy out because I can hear them shrieking with each gust. 

This project took about an hour with drying time—Can’t beat that!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!