Monday, August 12, 2013

Life This Summer…

This summer has flown by!  What’s new for this family?  We finally finished our back yard!  It’s been a long process since we were doing it all ourselves.

IMG_0070 copy

Last spring my husband built a paver patio.  The ground here in Nevada can be very hard so the excavation was very back breaking.  He did a great job, being that it was his first time doing it!  This spring he laid a sprinkler system and laid the sod.  It is so nice for the kids to be able to go out and play in the backyard.  I can also say that my floors have looked much better without the dog trailing in so much dirt.

My contribution to the backyard was two garden boxes I built with my parents help.  They were very easy to build.  We made them out of 2 x 6 planks.  They are 4’ x 6’ in size and have been perfect for starting my first garden.  We also extended the drip line to keep them watered. 

Here are a few pictures of my first bounty!

IMG_0562

IMG_0567

The zucchini took over the garden! I am having a major problem with squash bugs so I have taken out two of the zucchini plants. 

IMG_0565

The kids and I found this little guy hanging out in the zucchini plants.  We’ve found him a couple more times throughout the summer. 

IMG_0570

 

Besides our completion of the backyard, I have finished refurbishing some Goodwill finds (pictures to follow), celebrated Aiden’s 5th birthday, my hubby’s birthday, and my BIG 3-0!  I’m not exactly thrilled yet.  I took 3 weeks of work off to adjust!  I’m working on a list of personal goals for my thirties and am trying to decide on a one word theme to represent my goals.  I’ll get back to you on that one…

Tune back in for my furniture reveals!

 

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!