In a wave of creativity, I came up with concept for these easy patterned paper trees. With help from Bev at Make Good Cheer, this was the final product.
Here is a list of supplies you'll need:
- 9 x 5/16 in wooden dowel
- 1.5 in diameter wooden spool
- Patterned cardstock of your choice
- Fast drying adhesive (I used Ranger's Glossy Accents)
- Distressing ink
- Paint in the color of your choosing (I used Delta Ceramcoat in Candy Bar, Bronze, Light Ivory & Gold)
- Self-adhesive non-skid felt pads
If you have the Silhouette machine, you can use the file here. You will need two of each size except for the top piece (the piece without the center circle cut out).
Paint the dowel the color of your choice. I chose Candy Bar with Bronze blotted over the top. Allow to dry. The spool will be your base. I painted mine in Light Ivory and flecked Gold and Candy Bar over it. Use your quick drying adhesive to secure your dowel into the center of the spool. If your dowel is loose, wrap a small piece of cardstock around it before gluing it into the spool. Allow the adhesive to set.
To complete the tree, tie a ribbon around the spool and apply the self adhesive felt to the bottom of the spool.