Friday, December 7, 2012

Lighted Craft Block

Today, I wanted to share this lighted craft block I made. I hound the block at Home Depot for $4.99 on Black Friday. The design was cut from some black vinyl I had leftover and cut on my Silhouette (I love this thing)! The lights were $2.99 from Target. I chose a 50 bulb strand. This was my initial project.


Cute, but the design didn't quite stand out enough for me. So I used a piece of scrap vellum to separate the lights and the image. I was trying to figure out how to get the vellum to stick to the glass but it wasn't working. I tried just putting the vellum in front of the lights. So far it is working perfectly. I finished it off with some ribbon I had previously bought. I think the design really pops. And boy is this bright at night.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!